The Ware–Hardwick Covered Bridge spans the Ware River on Old Gilbertville Road and Bridge Street. The bridge was built in 1886. It has undergone several restorations and reconstructions over the years, but has lost none of its charm. It is a single-span lattice truss in a style patented by architect Ithiel Town and one of only a handful of intact historic covered bridges in the state. The bridge is 137 feet long and 25 feet wide.