The castle-like monument, built in 1900, was named after Worcester native, former Secretary of the Navy, diplomat, and historian George Bancroft. The Bancroft Tower is a 56-foot-tall natural stone and granite structure. It is located in Salisbury Park and was designed by Worcester architects, Earle and Fisher. The construction cost was around $15,000. The tower was left to the Worcester Art Museum, which gave it to the Worcester Parks Department in 1912.
On March 5, 1980, the Bancroft Tower was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Caption by Whereaboutss user: @tom