Doubling Point Lighthouse can be found along the Kennebec River in Arrowsic, Maine. The lighthouse was constructed in 1898 to help ships navigate the river which has notoriously sharp turns. Doubling Point is located at the first of these turns on the west side of Arrowsic Island, roughly opposite the mouth of Winnegance Creek. The lighthouse was essential to get boats to and from Bath, Maine which is a boat-making hub. Bath Iron Works is located 1.5 miles upriver from the lighthouse and they have been building private, commercial, and military vessels since 1884.
Doubling Point Lighthouse stands 23 feet tall and is octagonal in shape. There is a lovely walkway that goes over the marshland to the lighthouse. The lighthouse is privately opened, but the grounds are open to the public.
Note: There is limited parking of 2-3 cars at the lighthouse. Try visiting in off-hours to guarantee a parking spot. Be courteous as the owners are generous to allow visitors and they keep the ground and lighthouse beautiful.