Goat Island Lighthouse sits off of the Cape Porpoise Pier near Kennebunkport. Goat Island Lighthouse was built in 1833 to assist travelers in finding their way to the safe harbor of Cape Porpoise. The original station was upgraded in 1859 and its tower stands 25 feet tall. It was a convenient place for secret service personnel protecting President George H.W. Bush to keep an eye on the Bush property at Walker’s Point.
Currently, the Kennebunk Conservation Trust has leased the light station and is renovating it. This light can be seen from the mainland at the Cape Porpoise Pier or by kayak/boat.